What makes Sherry stand out as a family law attorney
With her experience in mediation and collaborative law, Sherry has developed a keen sense of solution with family cases. She provides exceptional counsel through:
- Being transparent with her clients
- Respecting her clients’ intelligence and situation
- Educating her clients about the law
- Giving her clients something tangible — like a worksheet — as guidance
With her clients’ best interests in mind, Sherry values the knowledge she gives her clients. She works with one goal in mind: a positive outcome that benefits her clients and their families.
What led Sherry to strike out on her own in Fayetteville, NC
Before founding Millier & Illikainen, Sherry worked with another attorney, and soon realized she wanted the freedom of her own firm thus creating an environment in which she didn’t have to worry about losing integrity. As an independent business-woman, Sherry struck out with Keen & Claus — the Charlie’s Angels of attorneys, she says. Later, Sherry’s practice became Miller & Illikainen in 2013.
During the course of her career, Sherry has served her community by providing pro-bono services and was recognized by the Legal Aid of North Carolina for her work. Sherry also takes part in the Criminal & County Collaborative Law Organization, and she understands that progress in the legal field comes from new ideas. Collaborative law is an example of this, and as Sherry says, “attorneys are taught to be adversarial, so this is a new way of trying to resolve our differences.”
If you are in need of an experienced family law or criminal defense attorney, contact Sherry Miller. When your freedom and family are on the line, time is of the essence.
- US District Court, Eastern District Court of North Carolina, 1998
- North Carolina, 1995
- North Carolina Central University School of Law, 1995
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1988
Professional Associations & Memberships
- National Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Cumberland County Bar Association, Member